I am afraid my sister is harming my niece and nephew. However, from what I have seen and read the attack is usually by introducing false illnesses. My sister has had her 7 yr old on three mental medications for over 2 years. The child is like a zombie on the medication. I also have a boy the same age, and have never noticed any thing more than him just being a little boy. She has already lost custody of her daughter, and when she does have visitation their is always some major drama that ends up with a trip to the courthouse or hospital. She claims that her daughter is abusive and has even falsely accused her of sexual assault on her younger brother. It seems she is always looking for something to get sympathy and attention. Is is possible that she may have this problem, and how do you report it?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.