I am a 50 year old woman, married for 23 years, 5 kids, 7 grandkids. My problem is with my mother who lives across the street from me Being the oldest, one brother in prison for child pornography, one other brother, two sisters and my father is still alive. My mother is and always has been a mean, verbally abusive woman. She caters over backwards to my prisoner brother, my liar brother, and slut drug using sister. My other sister fortunately lives in Illinois and does not have to be around the abuse that I take every day. I am the ONLY one who does anything for the woman or buys her things to make her feel better...... I am the one she takes everything out on. All of her anger, hate and ugliness is directed to me. I would leave if i could, but my grandchildren 16 and 14 live in the house with her and we own the house across the street. For 48 years i held my tongue, never said anything back.... then i had had enough. Now we fight constantly. I want to leave but my house is under construction and my grandchildren are so close. My husband says he will not leave his job and i am stuck here. I cannot take anymore. Any suggestions?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.