'Frustrated' writes: Anne, I am frustrated! My husband is disabled not to the point that he can't function physically but he has RSDS which stops him from working a job due to constant pain and meds that he is on. Here is my dilemma, he either doesn't do anything at the house or he starts things and they don't get done fully. His excuse is he always gets interrupted. When i confront him with it he gets defensive and states "I clean up the house". I have run out of solutions. I would appreciate your input. I work full time outside the home and end up having no time to do the things I enjoy while everyone in the family around me does. Thanks 'Sucked Dry' writes: I am going to be 52 in the Spring, I am 7 yrs into my 1st marriage and I feel totally sucked dry by my husband and my 18 yr old son. I have severe boughts with depression and I am the main wage earner in our household. I'm not sure if I love my husband .. I feel really used - he works as a musician in a band and refuses to even try to find real work .. he has degenerative disc and refuses to go to Dr. He is a pothead - says he uses it for his pain - and I - we are always teetering on loosing everything. If I divorce him he has told me he will take everything he can and then he swears he will never leave. I feel trapped and hopeless .. I love my home and I don't want to be homeless and poverty stricken in my later years. I feel so trapped!!!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.