I am married for the last 8 years. My husband and I both have problems (he has low sperm count and I have PCOs) and hence there is no child from this marriage. My husband is obsessed with his family (his parents are dead, it is his brother, sister-in-law and aunt). They have created lots of problems for me but he refuses to acknowledge. They and he treat me as a non-entity. I am qualified and have a good job. There have been several instances when I walked out of the house but came back because I love him. He and his family hate my parents and constantly insult them (I am their only child). Moreover he is very suspicious of me, he thinks that I have a loose character. I am now at the end of my tether. There has been a lot of physical abuse. I have also turned violent and tried to commit suicide. I am utterly confused. I think I should walk out as the marriage is loveless. My husband does not care about my mental state. My blood pressure has been very high and I am in a state of near nervous breakdown. Could you please help me?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.