image by Mark Hillary (lic)Treatment of Substance Abuse and Dependence disorders is a complex endeavor that usually involves the piecing together of medical, psychological and social treatment components. In our discussion we first present a general overview of each of the typical treatment components. Later, we provide details specific to particular types of substance abuse treatment.
- Components Of Substance Abuse Treatment:
- Medical and Biological Treatments:
- Psycho-Social Treatments:
- Levels of Care Available (from most intensive to least intensive):
- Putting It All Together
- Substance-Specific Concerns: